Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Seward Area Chamber of Commerce

I have been active on the Seward Area Chamber of Commerce, 1st Impressions Committee for a number of years. During my 12 years on the City Council I enjoyed complementary membership but this year I paid my own. I probably averaged attending about 1 monthly meeting per year while I was on the Council. But I attended today having just becoming an "independent" member. Charles Lieske, Chamber Director, is shown here conducting the business meeting. Charles was elected to fill the position on the City Council that I held so we have known each other for a few years. He and his wife have operated an in-home "rubber stamp" business and this past fall took on the additional job of Chamber Director. He had been serving as an active Chamber Board Member. My being involved on the 1st Impressions Committee and now participating in the Monthly Chamber Meetings is a way of helping me keep up with what is going on in town. And, in some small way, possibly influencing the direction things are going. Those participating today were predominately a "younger" group and just maybe, having some additional "mature judgement" represented in the meetings may be a good thing. (Even if it isn't immediately recognized).

No comments:

Post a Comment