Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thank You Dr. K.


Some years ago in a financial situation, a fellow described a situation by saying he was ”optimistic because it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be”. I was rather amused by the comment and wrote down the adage, “If you set your sights low enough, anything will make you happy”. I reflected upon those memories when walking out of the Dentist Office this afternoon. About a month ago a crown came off one of my upper-front teeth. I saw Dr. K. the next day who did some X-rays and identified  decay at the gum line of the old tooth. He put the crown back on and set up an appointment where he thought he may have to destroy the old crown, fill the decaying part of what is left of the old tooth and put on a new crown. We talked about alternatives and today he was able to leave the old crown in place but work through enough of it to fill the cavity. He then repaired the “damage” to the crown and I walked out of their in just a bit over an hour greatly relieved because, “It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be”.   I know that Medical Doctors are said to "practice medicine" but do Dentist "practice denistry"???

No comments:

Post a Comment