Friday, November 29, 2013

Picnic along the Potomac

I started to write about the Nebraska's loss to Iowa, 38-17 this afternoon but as I got started it was difficult to say anything good about it. Coach Pelini's best job security is his contract which would cost 7.6 million dollars to buy out. So I gave up on writing about that. I looked forward to seeing the Garth Brooks Special from Los Vegas expecting to hear some of his old Country Music. Instead he seems to be imitating "Larry the Cable Guy" and is making "fun" of some good old County songs. Finally, I turned back the pages of time to when we lived in Arlington, VA, the Kids were all home and we would have a picnic down along the Potomac River below Alexandria. Little David, the neighbor boy, often went along with us. Carolyn would stand on her head to entertain him as she baby sat. We played "pepper ball" and Jon must have been in the "outfield". Those were good days.

No comments:

Post a Comment