Saturday, November 9, 2013

Some of Sadie's Ancestors

This is a 5 generation picture taken of the "Walker Family" line down at the Lincoln Park in 1927. I was 2 years old at the time but sister Vivian posed since she was 18 months older than me. Mother would have been 27, Grandpa Walker 49, Great Grandma Carlson, 69 and Great  Great Grandmother Walker 93. While I have no memory of my Great Great Grandmother, I remember Great Grandma Carlson very well. She was nearly blind and always appreciated me standing close enough that she could touch me. Her funeral was the first one I remember. She married Elmer Carlson after her first husband, Samuel Walker died in 1880.  They went on to have a son of their own who was also named Elmer, my Grandfather's half brother. Samuel was the son of Mathias and Great Great Grandmother.
This 2nd picture of 4 generations is a continuation of the one above with me being the link. This was taken recently of Julie, Carolyn, me and Sadie. This represents 8 generations. According to my arithmetic, Sadie has 128 ancestors at the level of Catherine Black Walker shown in the picture. With my knowing Great Grandmothers and now having a Great Granddaughter, I have had the privilege of knowing 7 generations of people with Walker genes in our family. Some of this information may be of interest to cousins, etc. and if they wish further details, Elaine has done a great job on the family genealogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment