Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Colorful Covering of Leaves

This was the scene out our front door early this morning. We had over an inch of rain that came down gently and throughout much of the day. It came as snow to most of the western part of the State. We  had a quiet day and just let it rain. My brother Don enjoys commenting on what people do in "The Old Country" when it rains. (They just let it rain). I spent all afternoon in our "Lower Level" working on the computer with financial records, eBay listings, and processing pictures. I even cleaned a few things off my workbench.  It was a good time to continue to play some of the records that I bought at the Saturday Auction. Just listening to Tennessee Ernie Ford, The Glenn Miller Orchestra, and some of the Tchaikovsky Album kept me well entertained with background music. The Glenn Miller record was made from one of his last performances with the orchestra before he lost his life flying over the English Channel in a small  plane on his way to the mainland to book future performances. That was 70 years ago and the music is still very enjoyable.
The weather cleared late this afternoon so tomorrow I expect to chop and pick up the leaves with the lawn mower and add them to the compost pile.
P.S. I just noticed the little red rock in the picture on the edge of the walk on this side of the barberry hedge. We picked it up out in the pasture at our old "Home Place" when Don and Gladys accompanied Elaine and I out there a few years ago. A rock can serve as a "keepsake" just as well as a medallion.

No comments:

Post a Comment