Monday, November 4, 2013

Garage Door Opener Maintenance

We take a lot of things for granted like the garage door openers, but occasionally they fail. I left the car set on the driveway this morning when I came home from coffee since I would be going to Kiwanis at noon. Elaine told me that the Garage door made an unusual noise when I closed it earlier. It was apparent that one of the cables that are fastened to the bottom of the door and is threaded through a couple pulleys attached to a big spring, had broken. We had a replacement available since they came in a package of 2 when we had to replace one a few years ago. With Elaine's help, we were able to get it installed and back in working order before I left for Kiwanis. I also got the clock set in the car so I felt like we had really accomplished something today.

No comments:

Post a Comment