Sunday, April 19, 2020

New 2002 Buick LeSabre

Here is Elaine and I after driving home our new 2002 Buick LeSabre in the fall of 2001. It has been a very good car with many of its 68,000 miles resulting from long trips. We have driven it only "sparingly" since moving here to Brookdale on 9/1/17. The boys have driven it more than I have during their visits back here. Our "Handy man" here backed it out a couple weeks ago to do some garage maintenance on several of the ones in that area. He noted that the battery was a bit low in starting the engine. We got out there today and got the battery charger hooked up. It charged for about 4 hours before I went back out to "Unplug" it. The battery was charged sufficiently to start the engine. I left everything in place to be able to further charge the battery. In visiting with Verlon this evening he suggested I check to see how long it had been in the car. It seems to go back to 12/9/2014 when we replaced the original battery with what is now in the car. It has a 6-year warranty. The cost of garage rental and insurance make it quite expensive but somehow being without a car would be giving up another of our cherished freedoms.  My friend Marv Taylor has a scooter that he would like to store in the garage which I may consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment