Friday, April 10, 2020

Some 1990 with Today

I wanted to finish my series of going through the '90's but ran into various problems and give up on it. From now on I'm going to write more of our days activities and less history. This picture showing the dedication of the D.E.Hutchinson Prairie at the SWCS Headquarters location in Ankeny, IA on Earth Day 1990. IT was a highlight of my tour of duty at that location.

We slept late this morning but after showering, shaving and dressing, I talked to Carolyn about some bank business but found in talking to Joette, that we can probably get everything done over the phone, We also got word from Ken Morgan's office that they were bringing up our Income Tax report which they had finished. It was given to a staff person who in turn passed it on to us. After our review, I tried to call Ken for clarification but was unable to reach him. I will  try again on Monday. Our bathroom towel bar fell apart this morning but Jim got it fixed today better than it has ever been, We set a new low temperature of 17 degrees in Lincoln this morning

      I did want to include the picture of Mother that was taken on her 90th Birthday on August 7, 1990 which was  a few months before she passed away on 12/6/90.

No comments:

Post a Comment