Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Spell Czechs

Financial Advisors tell you not to check daily on how your investments are doing. I know better but have still kept a daily record of our major account for the past few years. It takes some time to condition yourself to the changes that occur but what has happened with the DOW index these past four market days is beyond my ability to easily accept. To keep myself busy with other activities this afternoon, I did some filing and came across a "Tim" file. This picture came from the file and tells of a spelling contest having been held in Columbus, IN where Tim serves as a private Social Security Attorney. Tim established his own office some years ago and has successfully briefed and orally argued  cases before the Indiana Court of Appeals, the Indiana Supreme Court, the District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, and the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. He now limits his practice to Social Security disability cases which he handles at both the administrative and federal court levels. He started writing a "Community  Comment Column" some years ago and has sent copies of many of them. He usually wrote a letter as well and they are all in this thick file. It was almost a coincidence that I spent a couple hours going through his file. I don't know what else that I could have done to help me cope with the market losses. Elaine said something about this being a long day so I've got her going through the file. This picture even helps, and Tim's team for that Spelling Contest was called "The Spell Czechs". 

No comments:

Post a Comment