Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Crew Cuts and Baseball

This is a 1963 picture taken back in DC during our 2nd year of the 18 that we spent there. I did use it on a 2017 blog sheet in which I told of how "living within our means" was not easy during our early years back there. Utilizing the Barber College down at Alexandria for the 3 boys and my "crew cut" helped. As I noted in the earlier blog, the Beatles had more influence on the boys hair styles than old Dad as they got a little older.
We continue to receive congratulations on having been selected as the Seward Brookdale Facilities Valentine  Day King and Queen. Our picture was on the front page of the Seward County weekly newspaper today.
I was pleased to have provided my baseball book to Gene Faszholz today. Gene was recently inducted. into the Nebraska Baseball Hall of Fame and was most appreciative of all my references to the players. I mentioned seeing Major League Baseball games in all 30 of Major League Stadiums. I achieved that goal a couple times but continue to get out of date as new parks are built.

No comments:

Post a Comment