Monday, February 24, 2020

Soil and Water Conservation Steward

 Here is Dayle Williamson pinning a Soil & Water Stewardship pin on Harold Anderson, Editor of the Omaha World Herald at a National Meeting of the Soil and Water Conservation Districts throughout the US. It was held in Reno, NV in early February 1987. Gene Phillips had been detailed to the Nebraska Natural Resourses Commission office to assist me in preparing a Soil and Water Conservation Strategy for the State. I also designed a small Lapel Pin which we made available to all of the Nebraska NRDs to award to deserving people in their district. The cost of the pins and certificates were covered by contributions and several hundred of them were awarded across the State. I was real proud to award one to my Dad when he and Mother attended my retirement party from the NRC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment