Friday, February 21, 2020

Baseball and Soil, Water Conservation

Several people have had an opportunity to thumb through my Baseball book in which I tell of my efforts to see Major League Baseball games in all 30 Major League parks. The challenge has been exacerbated by the continual tendency to build new parks. I have actually achieved the status on a couple occasions only to see the "current" changed. One general question new viewers ask is "how we did it". This picture taken in Cincinnati in the spring of 1985 when Julie went along with Elaine and I as we went back to visit our boys and others in Virginia, etc. Our best answer of how we did it is really that we just took advantage of every opportunity. The trip was a real learning opportunity for Julie who was so impressed with a "snowball" bush that she liked at Mount Vernon that we bought one to have out at the farm when we got home.
I had an enjoyable discussion with Jon this morning and tied down the dates of their visit next month. I forwarded a message from local NRCS Consevationist  Doug Garrison to him who is working with others throughout the state in bringing to light, past history of Soil and Water Conservation. A lot of "History" took place right here in Nebraska, the only question is, "How much of it was saved"?

No comments:

Post a Comment