Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Johnny Ray Gomez and Annual Survey

Johnny Ray Gomez entertained this afternoon at Brookdale here in Seward. He is from Omaha and came up here after performing down at the Senior Center this noon. It was his 1st time here and Rose Ellen indicated that he will be back, He told of growing up in South Omaha and learning to play an accordion when he as 6 years old; and, having his own band when he was 12. He played and sang a wide variety of '50's, Country and Patriotic music. He worked harder at being an entertainer than being a Musician and capitalized on audience participation. 
All of us residents were given copies of an "Annual Interest Survey" to be filled out within the next few days. It includes. 3 pages and I haven't been able to get past the first question yet. It is: "What are your talents and passions?". Having kept a Daily Diary and Journal since my 15th birthday, I should probably list that as a talent. What I have to admit is that my penmanship isn't nearly as good as it once was but I still have the passion to make daily entries. I also continue to utilize my computer skills in writing a daily blog page. I started this back in the late 2010's and have over 3,800 pages listed on Google and on my personal Flash Drives. I have written a "Life Story" which requires an annual update. "My Career in SCS" has not been revised since having written it soon after retiring from Federal Service in 1980. Brookdale is very sensitive about personal information on residents. As a former Personnel Officer, it would be interesting to interview residents and help them with a "Life Story" but don't believe that possible

No comments:

Post a Comment