Thursday, January 3, 2013

Winter Day Activities

I put on my winter boots this afternoon and knocked down the ice cycles and chunk of ice that had accumulated over the roof gutters. We have a valley in our roof in that area which is a focal point of snow and ice when the sun shines as it did this afternoon. While out in the back yard, I filled the bird feeder with a new mix to hopefully attract different species. Our River Burch had a couple of its multiple trunks bent over by the snow storm. I was able to pull the upper branches out of the snow and they are trying to straighten back up. We also got to the recycle center this evening. It will be a pretty popular place this winter as we clean out a lot of City Council related material that I no longer need. One of the new City Council members who works in the Bank, joined us for coffee there this morning and related some of the discussion that took place last night. While I enjoyed the "give and take" discussions during my tenure, I'm happy to see someone else have the experience. One of the issues that the new Council is facing is the extent of City involvement in the proposed Health Center on the old Middle School site. The Mayor and City Administrator seem to be more interested in its pursuit than the Council.

No comments:

Post a Comment