Friday, January 4, 2013

New Panasonic Camera

I received a Panasonic LUMIX camera for a Christmas present. It is to replace my Kodak that I've used for the past several years. With "end of year" activities I've spent little time getting "acquainted" with it. Today it was on my priority list. I went through the little instruction booklet and was able to take a picture and upload it on my laptop. This one of Elaine and I was taken with the time-delay feature. It has been cropped which diminished the quality. My next step was to download the complete instruction manual to my PC. It consisted of 127 pages and told me much more than I wanted to know.
Then I downloaded the Photofunstudio 6.0 "system" to my  PC. This took a while so I cleaned old magazines off the coffee table while it was in the process. After an hour or so, I was able to hook the camera to the PC with the 3 pictures on the memory card that I had moved over from my Kodak. The 3 pictures did show up on the PC screen but the new system had also "grabbed" all the other old pictures that were in the computer. I went back looking for my newest 3 and couldn't find them. I printed out a few sheets of the instructions and hope to learn more about the system tomorrow. If challenging ones mental capability helps keep it from deteriorating, mine should stay in good shape. 






No comments:

Post a Comment