Saturday, January 19, 2013

Time Marches On

This is a 4" pile of my old college Math papers that are "sacked up" and ready to go to the Recycle Center next week. They include some Advanced Algebra, Trig., and Calculus papers  and represent some 20 or so hours of College Credit. Looking at them now, I wonder how I ever got through it. I've gone through some of my other papers and put them back on the shelf for another day. They are all much more interesting than the math. I'm sending Jon my 1969 Final Exam on "Management Information Systems-Their Development and Application."; Along with  President Lyndon B. Johnson's June 28, 1966 memorandum to Heads of Departments and Agencies, on the "Use and Management of Computer Technology".  I also did more sorting this afternoon of Board minutes and have another large sack ready to be shredded. My interest in getting things "cleared out" may be prompted by hearing of Willard's stroke (the old friend I wrote about a few days ago), seeing another old friend today with a leg amputated, and going to Harry Hoffman's 90th birthday party tonight at the VFW club. On top of that, I hear from Jon that Earl Weaver died recently, and Tim tells me that Stan (The Man) Musial died today at age 92. Time Marches On. 

No comments:

Post a Comment