Friday, January 25, 2013

Sadie & Fievel

The "Girls" came to visit this afternoon to let us see how Sadie can set up by herself. She is shown here with Fievel which has been at our house since Julie was a little girl. The song I associate with Fievel is "Somewhere Out There" and it brings back some great memories. Julie was 9 years old when I took a job over at Ankeny, IA. Elaine and I had a Condo there but came home to Seward nearly every other weekend to spend time with family. Carolyn and Julie were really a part of our immediate family at that time. Julie liked to play with this Fievel doll and sing "Somewhere Out There". The song is from one of the movies about this little mouse that came to America. The words included something like, "Somewhere we'll meet again someday". Our Office at the Soil and Water Conservation Society had background music that wasn't noticeable while you were working, except when the "Somewhere" song was played. It would cause me to stop working, "hear" Julie singing it, have a cup of coffee and be homesick. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I always get very sentimental when I hear that song, too.

    ReplyDelete