Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Prized Bucket

Sometimes when you go to an Auction, you buy things you don't really need but with the idea that you may need them some day. That was the case with this stainless steel bucket that I bought at my Brother Don and Gladys' auction last September. I have a couple plastic drywall buckets out in the garage and also a bucket similar to this one that has become rusty and has a small hole in the bottom. When I saw this shinny bucket, I knew it would be useful for something someday. Besides, it had belonged to my brother and it was obvious that he had polished it up to sell. After buying it, I took it down to my basement office area where it could be admired. It would not be used for carrying dirt or yard waste like the other buckets. With our New Year's resolve to reduce our "stuff, and several old computer auxiliary speakers  needing to be carried upstairs and to the Et Cetra store, the bucket saved the day. I was able to carry a full load up the stairway and still have a free hand on the railing. Had it not been for the bucket, my hands would have been full of "stuff" and I might have fallen and broke a leg or something. I forgot what I paid for it so, my bucket has already "paid for itself" and I will continue to admire its craftsmanship.  

No comments:

Post a Comment