Monday, November 5, 2018

Retirement

I didn't go to Kiwanis this noon but stayed here to eat with Elaine. We had a good Dinner and I even brought the dessert back to have for a night time snack. It provided me an opportunity to make progress on my scanning of selected 1991 pictures. While I didn't get the year finished, I have sorted through all of them to the end of the year. These two were in the last '91 picture package. Tim, Laura, Tony and Maggie were back to Seward for Christmas with family. My retirement at the end of that year marked the end of my working a 40-hour/week schedule. There was very little break between my 33 years with SCS in USDA, 8 years with the Nebraska Natural Resources Commission and 3 years with The Soil and Water Conservation Society. While I continued to be involved in many activities, I seldom have had to be anywhere at 8:00am. The pictures I've scanned so far have really focused on family which will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment