Monday, November 12, 2018

Ear Treatment

This picture was "lifted" from my blog page of 12/29/11 entitled Affectionate Treatment. That page tells of the nurse softening up the collection of wax in my ears and Dr. Vahle finishing it off with special light and tools. I don't remember having that procedure done since then until today. I met with Dr. Summa primarily for respiratory problems and mentioned recent difficulty hearing. He used his special light to confirm the problem and had the nurse come back and do the "irrigation". She worked alone with me holding the "cup" to catch the excess water but did only a minimum amount of probing to extract wax. When we got back to our apartment, I took a nap and the left ear opened up. While we were having supper the other one did. I'm now hearing pretty well again. While I appreciate the nurses minimum invasion process it was a change from what I was accustomed. It reminded me of a Victor Frankl quote in "The Week" magazine I'd read earlier "When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves".

No comments:

Post a Comment