Sunday, November 18, 2018

Past and Present

It is pictures like this one that makes scanning our old pictures enjoyable. This was among the 1993 collection that I worked on today. Ben  and "the girls" did a lot of Rendezvous camping back in those days. I'm sure it was pretty educational for Julie. She and Elaine enjoyed making their dresses. Ben was an old hand at it. He had some "real life" experience as a young man. I have no idea of the number Rendezvous they participated in but know that some of them were even "out of state". I think Sadie and Jack would be interested in hearing some of their Mother's stories.
This was also the year that Tim and I went on our Baseball Trip where we saw 9 major league games as well as Cooperstown in 10 days. Tim and I shared the expense and had a great time. He had the route and room reservations all worked out ahead of our leaving. Elaine stayed with Laura, Tony & Maggie while we were gone. We met them at Davenport, IA when we got back..
It is only to be expected that some meals here at Brookdale are better than others. Sunday Dinners are usually among the best and today's was no exception. We had a "Frog's eye" salad, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, mixed green and yellow Beans and Pork Roast. Then for dessert, we had this Blueberry Cheese Cake. We usually get a hot cup of coffee soon after entering the Dining Room and a 2nd cup to have with our Dessert. We are looking forward to this coming Tuesday dinner where it is suggested that we "dress-up". I expect there will be quite a variety of how seriously this suggestion is taken. I have already decided to put on a tie, wear a jacket and put on my Sunday shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment