Saturday, June 30, 2018

Best Birthday Celebration

The over-a-week celebration of my Birthday was finished today as Tim and Laura left to drive back to Columbus, IN and Jon flew back to Washington, D.C. today. Verlon who came a couple days early got back to Richmond, VA on Thursday. We will continue to enjoy and celebrate every day with Carolyn, Ben, and the Owenses since they are here in Seward. After all of them were gone, I went back through all my recent Birthday cards as well as Father's Day and Wedding Anniversary cards that all come in June. We are still enjoying some of the "goodies" they bought while here and left with us. They left us with challenges including getting more exercise and drinking more liquids (rather than coffee).  I've learned several new computer "tricks" that will help me with my "Life Story", etc.  Jon has also ordered a "slide scanner" which will help in putting together collections of various picture topics. One of our weeks highlights was Carolyn setting up Julie's little old TV with VCR tape playing ability. We watched a 1986 version of Vivian, Don, Janice, Jerry and me singing the Lost Cord for our Dad's 90th Birthday celebration out at the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment