Saturday, June 16, 2018

Garland HS Alumni Luncheon

The Garland High School Alumni Reunion was held this noon with a luncheon at the American Legion Hall. The number attending each year is declining with the class of 1969 being the last. The first graduating class was in 1923. During that span of time,  there were 324 graduates. I would estimate that there may have been 50 of us there today. Elaine didn't feel like going because of a cold and sore shoulder. I'm shown here with Adella Pospisil Schulz and her recent book, "Undocumented". It is the story of her Grandparents coming to the United States from Bohemia in the late 1800's and settling in the Brainard area. Adella grew up a couple miles from where I did, north east of Garland. The story of her Grandparents sounded so much like my Vrana Grandparents, that I had to get the book. 
Vivian Schluckebier was recognized for having graduated in the class of 1936. She presented an interesting message.
Some years ago, Elaine and I bought a new album and put all the GHS sports and graduation pictures in it from an old one that was falling apart. Now, David Kovar has scanned those pictures and has put them on a DVD which was shown on a screen during social hour. He has invited anyone with additional pictures to send them to him for addition. Looks like a good show, and Yes, Adella autographed my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment