Monday, June 18, 2018

Elaine not up to Par

Julie, Sadie and Jack came to visit this morning. It didn't take Jack very long to get his convoy of trucks lined up to move into hostile territory. To make the situation more enjoyable, he found the music boxes, got them wound up and to his ear. Sadie was excited about giving me a Father's Day Greeting she had made for me. Her Mother said she made it all by herself. Sadie explained to me that it was a picture of she and I on a walk with the "Heart" showing our love for each other. She had drawn it on green paper and then cut out a heart shape of pink paper so the message showed through. She may have pattered it after a picture of Julie and I when she was about Sadie's age. It has always been a favorite.
 We thought Elaine was getting over her cough and respiratory problems but went back to bed after getting up this morning. She got up as Julie and the kids came. She drank some juice and a cup of coffee and went to lunch with me at 11:30. She ate a pretty good dinner and had a coughing nap afterward. She helped me get the washing started about 3:00 but stayed back in the room while I shifted it to the dryer. Carolyn and Ben came about then and helped me get it all back in the room and sorted. Elaine got it put away. We went to supper but she didn't eat much of her Chief's salad nor her chocolate bar dessert. She has spent most of the evening in bed since coming back from supper. I plan to get her to the Doctor tomorrow whether she wants to go or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment