Saturday, August 18, 2018

Major League Baseball Parks

 This is the Bulletin Board in the hallway as we enter the Dining Room at Brookdale. It reminded people of my presentation of a VCR tape in the TV room on America's Classic Ballparks. We were pleased that 12 people came for the "show". I spoke for a few minutes ahead of the tape telling of my baseball history and long-time interest in the game.  I told of my playing days, seeing my first games in Chicago in 1948, Tim and my trip in '93 and of Carolyn and I going to New York City in '09 to see Yankee and Mets games in their new stadiums and visit Julie who was working there for Martha Stewart. In 2015 Tim, Tony and I flew to Miami and I was current again on having seen games in all 30 Major League Parks.
 Here is a picture of some of the people who were in the TV room for my presentation.  I should clarify that since Atlanta opened their new park last year, I am again out of date. I have already been to 2 parks in Atlanta and to 3 in St. Louis. I took my 3-ring Baseball Park binder in for some of the early comer's to look at. It tells the story of each park,  the scorecard or box-score of the game along with pictures. When I was able to update a park, I moved the story of it to the back of the book where I have 21 stories. I have been current of seeing all 30 current ones on 3 occasions but I keep loosing that distinction as new parks are built.




1 comment: