Friday, August 24, 2018

Happy Days

This was taken out at our farm NE of Garlandafter the grass was well established on the conservation reserve land. We were living in Lincoln but met Elaine's parents, Flora and Albert out at the farm. Albert as well as my Dad helped to get the grass established by clipping it along with all the weeds 8-10 inches high, the 2nd year after seeding. My spade handle barely shows at the extreme left edge of the picture. It was along for fire prevention. That same spade is hanging in our garage tonight. While I gave up most of my tools, that spade has been important to me for many years of landscaping work. I have balled and burlapped many shrubs with it.
Both of these pictures were among those that I scanned today, though there are several years between them. This was during the Christmas season of 1969 when we were living back in Arlington, VA. Verlon is holding what appears to be a gift but I don't remember what it was nor can I figure out what it may have been. Give me a call if anyone remembers it. This is not the only picture that I've scanned that raises questions. I went back and checked my 5-year Diary on this one but didn't get any clues. Once I started writing Journals is 1975, I was able to get in a lot more detail. We enjoyed "Happy Hour" this afternoon at Brookdale with drinks and snacks. It took the edge off the Philly Beef Sandwich served for supper. The Texas sheet cake Brownie was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment