Tuesday, December 26, 2017

My Western Boots

We were down at the house this afternoon where Elaine did a washing and I cleaned a few things out of my closet. Among the things I brought up to the apartment was my Cowboy Boots. While they are a few years old, they have been kept in the original box and are in excellent condition. While I was working for the State, Elaine and I belonged to a square dance club and that is the reason I bought them. I may have worn them along with my Stetson hat a couple times when we had meetings out in the Sandhills. After parting with so many personal possessions at our recent Auction, I just decided to have some fun with them. Carolyn was up and helped me get them listed on Seward Swap. I suggested a price of $25,00 and no one has indicated any interest. Maybe the price is too high for a used pair of ACME size 13 D cowboy boots but they are in nearly new condition. If they don't sell, I may wear them to the Dining Room one of these days with some of my shorter pants so they show. Cow hands out in the Sandhills dispose of old boots by lopping them over a ranch fence post along the highway. These aren't ready for that. They are in excellent condition, and hope some big guy can use them. I might even negotiate the price.



No comments:

Post a Comment