Friday, December 29, 2017

Bob Koerner's "Best of Times"

I logged over 7 hours on my Bi-PAP last night with some 4 hours without awakening; I'm adapting to the mask. We got down to the house mid morning and Carolyn was already there cleaning. Elaine did a washing before her Beauty Shop appointment. I sorted through books and brought several along. I also brought a couple boxes and then Carolyn brought up another one for us to work on during these next 3 days of frigid weather. This book, "the Best of Times" by Robert Koerner is autographed by the author and was given to Elaine and I in 2008 when it was published. The 100 page book traces Bob's career with the SCS/NRCS after spending a hitch with the Navy, and getting a BS degree from South Dakota State. I became acquainted with Bob after we came back to Nebraska when I was working for the State and active in the Soil and Water Conservation Society. Bob was a Biologist in the Lincoln Regional Office. Until the last few years, we would get together at the SCS/NRCS spring and fall Retiree events. Bob was known as a photographer and his book is filled with excellent photography. He makes reference to many people I knew in SCS and has pictures of some of them. He paid high respect to Norm Berg who was Chief of the Agency when I retired. As near as know, Bob is still living in Lincoln. He and Mary Ann, who died in 2011, had 7 children. I read through the entire book today and would enjoy visiting with Bob about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment