Monday, December 4, 2017

Another Challenge

Respiratory Therapist Bob D. was out this morning from ACS Medical, LLC in Lincoln to bring out the equipment and get us introduced to a Bi PAD machine. While we have known people in the past that have been prescribed similar machines, like most technological equipment, there have been many recent innovations. Bob spent over 2 hours getting both Elaine and I briefed on the use and care of the equipment. We went down to the grocery store this afternoon and bought Distilled Water and Vinegar for disinfecting cleaning. I took nearly an hour's nap with it on. Granted, I may have only slept a small part of the time but began to get the "feel of it". This evening we spent time adjusting the mask to eliminate leaks. 
I had the mask on when Carolyn and Jack came. Jack didn't know what to think of it. After taking it off quickly, I opened one of my Texaco Diamond "T" models which he took home with him after telling me goodbye. We are pleased that Carolyn will pick us up to go to the grave-side funeral service for Joyce in the morning.  This was a good day. We really appreciated Bob's time with us this morning; not only his professionalism but also the many things that helped us relate to him.



No comments:

Post a Comment