Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happy New Year

This is Elaine and my Happy New Year toast to each other in the Hot Chocolate- soft Ice Cream area of Brookdale. With the temperature at -7 at 7:30 and going down, staying inside is a good choice. I am going to try to make a habit of riding the Nu-Ride bike every day and reward myself with a cup of Hot Chocolate which is near by. Carolyn brought my new 2018 Standard Diary (Journal) which she got for me through Amazon. I questioned at one time how much longer I should attempt to keep writing every day, but decided I would not only miss the writing but also the record that I go back to so frequently. Here at the end of the year, we do a lot of "summarizing". We have many years of "Highlights", "Selected Pictures", how we spent "Birthdays", "Thanksgivings" and "Christmases". Our move into Brookdale on September 1, breaks up many patterns that had existed for several years. There were minor adjustments but nothing as drastic as making this move. The longer we are here, the more convinced we are that it was the right decision. I miss my old coffee group but are making more friends here where we talk more about the past than the future. As I ate my Oyster  soup and Chicken Wing Dings at Supper this evening, we talked about paving highway #34 between Seward and Lincoln in 1941. Conversations like that eliminate a lot of young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment