Monday, June 3, 2013

Yard Work

Our afternoon yard work included watering the newly planted Petunias in the Flower Bed under the River Burch trees. Hopefully the Red and White Petunias will make a nice showing along with the blue bird bath by the 4th of July. We also planted 2 Red Floribunda Rose Bushes. They are the kind that has become so popular during the past couple years and continue to bloom all summer. Now that I'm not playing golf, I try to put in at least an hour every day working in the yard. That 1 hour of yard work is every bit as demanding as playing 9 holes of golf by riding in a cart. While I miss the companionship of my golfing  buddies, the yard work provides Elaine and I more time to work together on things we both enjoy. After 64 years of marriage, maybe it was time to reconsider priorities.



No comments:

Post a Comment