Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

This is part of what helped this to be a very Happy Father's Day. Sadie likes to be on the move at all times and is learning new things every day. One of these days she is going to take off walking. She and her folks were here this afternoon as was Carolyn. We had a nice visit and this evening I heard from all 3 of the boys. It's always good to hear from them. Elaine spoiled me with my favorite Coconut Cake so it was a great day. It was a good day for Justin Rose too who won the US Open golf championship at the Marion Golf Course near Philadelphia. It is a very difficult course with no one able to finish at par. Phil Mickelson lead for the first 3 days but just couldn't hold on which isn't anything new for Phil. I believe that Tiger Woods +13 is the highest score  I remember of his posting. As good as these guys are, I don't know how the average golfer could enjoy playing the course. Willie Nelson has  his own course down in Texas who says par is whatever he wants it to be. One of the difficult holes is a par 29 and he brags about birdieing it occasionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment