Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Old '92 Buick LaSabre

We had another early morning shower and saw Janice and Larry off on their way to Tomah, WI. I went to coffee and then we did Home Delivery Meals. We finish up down near the Senior Center and ofter go to their Potato Bake. However, after having a Sausage and Egg breakfast with Sorge's, we decided to skip the Potato Bake. We stopped at Sun Mart Grocery store to pick up a couple things and since it was raining a bit, I let Elaine out by the door and planned to pick her up back at the door when she came out. When I saw her coming I started the engine and realized she had 3 bags of groceries, I went to help her get them into the car. In the process of getting out of the car, I must have hit the lock button. We were locked out with my keys in the switch, the engine, radio and AC running. We fortunately caught Ben on my cell phone who took us home to look for another door key. When we didn't find it readily, we drove the other car back and called the Police Department who unlock doors only if a baby is locked inside but did give me the names of locksmiths. The local one was not available on the phone but one from Staplehurst said he could be there is 20 minutes. After about 25 minutes he called to say he was caught up in the Highway #34 construction east of town but got there is another 15 minutes. It took him less than a minute to open the window and hand me the keys. We know we had another door key around here somewhere but will get another one made or ordered. The car doesn't seem to have been effected but I'm still not sure how it got locked up. Maybe the car and I are both getting old and some of these things just happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment