Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Pause that Refreshes

Elaine and I went to the Senior Center Potato Bake for lunch today.We always find old friends to visit with but still miss Willard since he and I always had questions to ask each other about things we were involved with over the years. We stopped at Merle's Greenhouse and brought home some annuals. We planted them after mowing the lawn and then took a break. I had the extension cord out to use with a little weed-eater that I got from an auction some time ago; it worked great and much easier to use than the big one that I brought in from the farm. We also covered the flower bed with a light layer of decomposed compost and watered it down. Traditionally Peonies have been some of the main flowers for Memorial Day. Last year they were past it and this year they will not be ready. We will have to rely on plastic flowers but tell ourselves, it's the thought that counts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment