Sunday, May 19, 2013

PiP & (Jack)

This is Carolyn & Ben's dog "Pip". She just had her 3rd birthday and is closest to Ben. She is really "Ben's Dog". We have never became very well acquainted with her but we do admire her appearance. We have also enjoyed observing how much she and Ben seem to appreciate each other. She is a beautiful dog and has a very attractive face. Animals, particularly dogs and horses seem to have an ability to sense what people think of them and consequently react according. Pip and I have never reached the level of being on a first name  basis. My (our) problem may be in comparing Pip with Jack, their previous little Toy Poodle who we helped raise. He became a "part of our family" when Carolyn was teaching school, and he would spend the day with us. I would pick him up after coffee and Carolyn would stop by to get him after school. He lived a good long life and in his latter years, we would visit about the matter of growing old. Some of our best discussions were when I would pick him up, he would set on my lap, look up to me as I shared some of my aches and pains. We agreed that the matter of growing old was not for "sissies". In fact, he agreed with everything I ever said, what a dog, RIP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment