Friday, May 3, 2013

Old Windbreaker in the Garbage

I spent a couple hours this afternoon out in the Garage and in cleaning out my car trunk. While I had taken my golf clubs out of the trunk during the winter, all of the rest of the golfing stuff was still there. Elaine has washed my sweatshirt and towels, etc, and I have done some sorting and throwing away. I'm shown here dropping my old windbreaker in the garbage can. It has been a favorite over the years. I bought it down in Texas back in the mid 90's. It was very light and roomy and just perfect to wear playing golf. It was nice to wear on some of the trips that we took since it could be packed in an overnight bag and yet provided a lot of protection. I also took inventory of the golf balls that were in the trunk. Some people need to buy a dozen balls every couple times they go golfing, and I seem to accumulate them at about that rate. It could be that the fellows I played with were very adept at finding balls. And,  my "retriever" enabled me to pull many out of the water. Some of the fellows I played with would give me any of theirs that had the slightest flaw. I never felt it made that much difference at my level of play. I haven't been out to the golf course yet this spring but working with the balls etc. has motivated me to at least get out to the driving range and putting green one of these nice days. I may even use a couple new balls on the putting green. 

No comments:

Post a Comment