Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Rhubarb

We met my Brother Don and Gladys for lunch at The Villager in Lincoln and then went nearby in Eastridge to visit Elaine's Brother Dale and Marlene. Dale took Elaine out to the garden and fixed her up with a bag of Rhubarb. I'm not sure if she will bake a pie with some of it or just fix it as sauce. I had a piece of Rhubarb pie with my lunch at the Villager which is known for their excellent pies.  One of the reasons for ordering it was to compare it to the Rhubarb pies that have been brought in to coffee recently by Rich and Stan. Despite the Villager reputation for special pies, mine didn't score nearly as high as what the fellows brought in. So with all of this "competition", I wouldn't blame Elaine if she tells me that the Rhubarb at our house will  be served as Sauce. Incidentally, why is an argument at a baseball game referred to as a "rhubarb"??

No comments:

Post a Comment