Thursday, September 6, 2018

November 1975 Activities

This is the Hotel in Disney World in Florida where Elaine and I visited during November, 1975. I realized we were following a hectic travel schedule as I tried to put together pictures from those days. Our travels during the month included: Driving to Greensboro, NC to see Carolyn and stopped to see Verlon on the way home; 4th, spoke at Broomall, PA Training Center; 5th, flew to Tampa, FL, drove to Weeki Wakee Springs where we had a tour and picnic at the Plant Materials Center, I was on the program the next day. We drove across the state and got to Orlando on the 7th, spent the 8th in Disney World, the 9th at the Kennedy Space Center, Saint Augustine and drove to Jacksonville. Elaine stayed in the hotel there while I flew to Dallas, TX to be on the Training Center program the next day (10th) and flew back to Jacksonville. The next day we drove to Jekyll Island, GA where I met with top people and spoke to over 400 SCS employees on the 12th. We drove back to Jacksonville where Elaine flew back to DC and I flew to Lincoln, NE. I was on the Training Center Program for nearly 3-hours on the 13th. The folks picked me up and took me out to Seward where I also visited Flowerdays before flying back to DC. I flew to Temple, TX on the 18th and was on the state SCS Federal Women's Program the next day, flew home on the 20th. We drove down to Blacksburg, VA to help Jon celebrate his 21st birthday and see VPI beat Wake Forest. We stayed over night at Dr. and Mrs. Miller's who served breakfast before our driving home. Verlon, Vickie and Jon were home for Thanksgiving which "wound-up" our November activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment