Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Elaine's Perm

Elaine is shown here writing the check for the "cut & perm" that she got this afternoon in Shear Reflections. I got down to get her a bit early and just waited inside which enabled me to get the picture. Unfortunately, I heard the operator say what the charge was which was a bit of a surprise. But, it was well worth it. Not only from appearance but more importantly her well being, she certainly deserves it. I may have said more than I should have in discussing with her the impression I have that its ladies that are at least 80 years old that have continued to wear the style that was popular when they were young. It made me realize that people have to be at least 75 years old to even have a memory of WWII. 
I scanned pictures today of a trip we took in May of 1982 with Carolyn and Julie. We left Seward on the 15th to see son Tim receive a Law degree in Indianapolis, visit son Verlon in Richmond, VA; help son Jon and Mary move with a U-Haul truck from Southpoint, NC, to Franklin, NC; attend the Worlds Fair in Knoxville, TN; visit Opraland in Nashville, TN and get back to Seward on the 30th. We also visited friends and National Parks along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment