Thursday, September 27, 2018

Birthday Happy Hour

I found excuses to stay away from the Kavanaugh/Ford Hearing
until late this afternoon. After hearing some 45 minutes before going to supper and hearing both on C Span, I have had enough. I was pleased to have finished my scanning of 1985 pictures this morning which resulted in 152 great "shots". Elaine had a 1:00 Dentist appointment  which resulted in her scheduling a crown while I did some shopping at Walmart and went to Cattle Bank. We got back up to Brookdale just as Lonnie Piitz was ready to entertain us for an hour with his accordion and humor.  We were back from that when Carolyn came by with Jack. He was able to get his ice cream cone with Carolyn's help while the TV was mutted. Jack played with his trucks and tractors on the floor while Carolyn went over to pick up Sadie from school. I need to apologize to all 3 of them for letting the Hearing gain more of my attention than their visit. I did get back to hearing part of the C Span version after supper, since I hadn't heard Dr. Ford earlier. I have never been a big fan of Term Limits but believe the time has come when they need to be considered for Judges as well as members of Congress. The length of time that some current members of both bodies have served is more scary than comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment