Saturday, September 15, 2018

Early '83

We had our noon meal in the room with the UN-L game with Troy starting at 11:00am. It was one of the least satisfying Nebraska games that I ever remember. Though the final score was 24-19, the game wasn't really that close. There were a few minutes in the 4th quarter when it appeared they had a chance but it was quickly scuttled. Next week Scott Frost takes the team to Michigan where NE sports writers had projected us to lose our first game. I felt we might  see Martinez after the first half with the importance of getting a win but the Coach must have reasons for keeping him out of it. Coach Frost is looking toward the future and Martinez can be an important part of it. It appears that the best we can now hope for is a 5 win 6 loss season. That would set a pretty low first year record for improvement. I moved in to 1983 with my picture scanning after the game. This is one of the collages I developed for "early '83" some years ago. The pictures I'm scanning are added to these. The '80's were a real challenge for us with my job, the farm, our place in town and the traveling involved. Yet, as we look back, they were some of our happiest years. Carolyn and Julie were such a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment