Sunday, December 15, 2013

Tim, Tony, and Maggie

Elaine and I have both taken advantage of Tim, Tony, and Maggie's being here to pass on "Family information" that we feel they should know. They are looking at one of Elaine's Genealogy  books in the picture and the enthusiasm of Tony and Maggie is evident. I brought up my "Highlights" book which is a summary of my Diaries and Journals. I went through the part of it this afternoon when Tim was a little boy. Some of the entries amused Tim like "Timmy is getting very naughty about hollering 'Hi Couckoo' out of the car window". I was also teaching him to bat left handed when he was 4 years old. By the time he was 7, he could catch a baseball that I would throw in the air as high as I could throw it; which was probably at least 150 feet. When Tim was about 6, he fell out of the backseat of my old '36 Ford when the door flew open while Elaine was taking the kids to Sunday School where she was a teacher. Tim was a bit chagrined for his kids to hear about him lighting matches down in the basement of our house when he was about 5. One of the "quotes" that he was most proud to have them hear was: "Mrs. Tom Novak told Elaine that Tom thought Tim had a lot of athletic ability." Maybe even more so than when " Mrs Mickle called to say they want to move Timmy up to Fifth Grade" since he was advanced in his scholastic abilities. So Tony and Maggie are not only learning about their Genealogy but also a bit about their Dad that they hadn't known before.

No comments:

Post a Comment