Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

Rev. Dale Lambert is shown here as he makes a point at last Sunday's Service in the Methodist Church. The Sunday School program had been presented a week earlier. Yesterday at our Kiwanis Meeting where I was asked to recall Christmas Memories, I told of my sister Vivian and I singing "Away in the Manger" as part of a Christmas Program at the Methodist Church here in Seward those many years ago. It was my first memory of Christmas. Mother had told us the Nativity Story so we knew about "the manger and the Little Lord Jesus". We have Candle Light Services this evening at 5:00 and 9:00pm. Though we have had our family "gift exchange" following Church services for the past several years, with family involved in other activities this year, decided to forgo it. All of our Seward family will be together tomorrow for our Christmas Celebration. Elaine and I will probably watch a Christmas Mass on TV after we get home from Church and do a bit of reminiscing. It was on Christmas eve that we were engaged to be married. 

No comments:

Post a Comment