Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christina (Hromas) Walker Funeral

Elaine and I met brother Don and Gladys at St. John the Apostle Church in Lincoln this morning to attend the funeral of Christina Hromas Walker. Christina had married Ralph Walker, my Mother's youngest brother on August 4, 1941. They lived in Lincoln and had 4 children. Ralph died in 1983. The picture is of Don, Ronald Walker, Duane Walker and I. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the two girls, Delores Havlat & Bonnie Burianek. There are 11 grandchildren, 25 Great Grandchildren and 6 Great Great Grandchildren. Christina is also survived by her brother Fred and his wife Georgia. 
This picture is of Fred and Irene Kovar Middleton who are both on the 1934 Oak Grove School picture shown below. Irene is at the left end of the 2nd row and Fred is standing next to her just as they are in this picture nearly 70 years later. Their mothers were sisters and part of the Henry Nemec family of 12 children. Christina was 3rd from the right end of the 2nd row with me standing behind her with my face partially obscured. My sister Vivian is to my right. Fred, Don and I really enjoyed our visit. Fred said that as he has gotten older he more that ever appreciates what Vivian, I and the Plautz boys did to help him go to High School with us in Garland. He was a very successful farmer in the Ulysses, NE and now lives in Omaha near their daughters. It was a most interesting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment