Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christina Walker, Vivian, Fred and others

Few of you will recognize any of us  shown in this picture. We got it out of the file to take along to Christina's funeral on Tuesday. She is the 3rd little girl from the right in the second row in front of Miss Druker. I am standing behind her with only the top of my head showing. My sister Vivian is to my right in the 3rd row between Vern and I.  Christina and my Mother's youngest brother Ralph were married in 1941 making her my Aunt.  Ralph died several years ago. Christina is survived by their 4 children and their families.  Christina's brother Fred is the 2nd from the left end in the 2nd row. He and his wife moved to Omaha from a farm near Ulysses, NE a few years ago.  I hope to see him on Tuesday at the funeral and to see if we can identify more of the students in the picture.  Today, December 28th, would have been sister Vivian's 90th birthday had she not died suddenly in the spring of 2008. She would have been able to help with the identification if we hadn't waited so long to get the names "written down". 

No comments:

Post a Comment