Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Plumbing Problems & Solutions.

Many of you will recognize this as the valve that fits inside a toilet tank. We had one quit functioning yesterday so shut the water off with the valve beneath the tank and contemplated how to get it repaired. They are not that difficult to install. I have done it in the past but was younger then. Elaine reminded me that we could afford to have a plumber do the work and I wouldn't have to take a chance of straining a muscle or worse in trying to do the job.  My Coffee Buddies confirmed her good judgement so I stopped at our local H & S Plumbing Shop and made my problems known. A young man who had done plumbing work for us in the past followed me home and in about 10 minutes had the new valve installed. I've checked and it hasn't leaked a drop. I don't know what the charges will be but I'm not going to worry about it. Living in a small town  where people are friends takes away the worry of what you may be charged for services. That in itself is worth quite a bit. Besides the money in the Bank is drawing very little interest, so why not spend it. Or as I tell the kids, we just took it out of the estate. 

2 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly impressed by the way you present your article, information and the ability to give unknown facts is the most surprising factor of all.

    plumber sans souci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is awe-inspiring. I have found many new things. Your way of staging is also fascinating. You have elected very incredible topic. I appreciated it.
    <a href="http://www.loveourwater.com/drinking-water-systems“>Drinking Water System </a>

    ReplyDelete