Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Polka Music, etc.

Son Jon volunteered to write the page this evening as a tribute to Brother Don and his experience playing the accordion with him and Jon's Grandfather.
"A Bohemian Concertina Concert
Nearly 50 years ago, three generations of Vrana’s joined their musical talents on concertina. Grandpa Vrana (right), Uncle Don Vrana (left), and I (Jon Vrana, center) played a number of Czech polkas and waltzes, instrumentals and vocal). Songs like Cerna Vrana (Black Crow Polka). I trust that those listening to the music with as much joy as clearly displayed on the faces of the musicians.
Recently we lost my Uncle Don. I trust that he and Grandpa are entertaining heaven’s multitude with wonderful music of the squeezebox. I know I will miss hearing it from these guys."
Thank You Jon, your words and thoughts are appreciated. Dad
 

No comments:

Post a Comment