Friday, November 22, 2019

Jon's Birthday Retirement

Jon's retired from USDA NRCS with 45 years of Service. He is shown here (in jeans) with the Agency Chief and good friend Matt Lohr.  Here is part of what he has written to fellow soil conservationist: "Through all of my travels, I have had the wonderful opportunity to work with and learn from so many people, internal and external to the agency. I will miss each of you and will hold each of you in a special place in my heart. I wish you well and hope to leave you with one recommendation – Whatever you do, do it with great passion. If you don’t have passion for what you are doing, discover the passion or find something that you can be passionate about. Life is too short not to be passionate about what you do.
I am entering a new chapter of my life, as a historical raconteur. (Thank you, Tom, for introducing me to that word. Matches what I like to do perfectly.) I intend to spend my years researching, writing, and sharing my other passion, history, particularly of the 19th century.
My life has been enriched and inspired by each of you in your own special, unique ways. I hope that this is just a temporary farewell and that we have many opportunities to cross paths in the future.
Jon Vrana"


No comments:

Post a Comment