Sunday, July 5, 2020

Summer Shirt

With yesterday being the 4th of July, it seemed the season to put on a summer shirt and lightweight, size 42 Kakies. I even shaved with a safety razor today for the season.  There was a scheduled showing of the film "Secretariat" but a substitue was shown. I even looked up to see that it was in 1974 that we had seen that great horse at Claborne Farms in Kentucky. I delayed my after lunch nap to see it and was disappointed at the switch. I did pick up a couple more early 1960's scrap books as put together by Mrs. Elmer Garber. The books are not in very good condition but contain a wealth of information.Where else could I go to read G.F. Eberspachers obituary with a listing of survivors.  Cousin Patricia Thompson's engagement was announced with a picture as she married Gleason. Grimes. Most of the material in the books came from the Seward Independent newspaper which normally consisted of 8-pages, once a week. I was able to learn things about the Harold Davisson family that I'd never known. This type of information has been replaced by the  digitalization of the Seward weekly papers and it is all available to the public. Maybe we had to go through the Scrap Book process but their "life expediency" is certainly limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment