Thursday, June 11, 2020

Important Choice

Elaine and I each visited the "in house" hair salon here today. I got a haircut at 10:00an and she got a wash and set at 12:00pm. We are very appreciative of the shop. The lady drives in from Waco and had 18 customers here at the independent and assisted living sides. Having just had our 71st Wedding Anniversary I spent some time reflecting on our choice of mates. As a farm boy, we had just gotten into the Purebred Polled Herford business and I had some appreciation of genetics. I liked Elaine  with her nice looks, pleasing personality and  recognized that her traits could make for a nice family. I liked the way she ran in from centerfield on the softball team and was impressed with her being 3rd in scholastic rank in her high school class of about 65. Her brother Dale received many honors and recognition from Seward HS. My mother had know Elaine's Mother's family as a girl at Leahey country school and spoke favorably of them. What I never once thought about when we were dating was the "later years". I never really understood nor appreciated how much we mean to each other until moving to this facility. Being quarantined as we have been for the past couple months only adds to the importance of each other. No one is going to pick a lifelong mate based on your relationships after 70 years, but I can take credit for having made a very good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment